Durga Puja is a religious festival for Bengali Hindus. It starts from Mahalaya. Duga Devi comes at that day. Mahalaya is a non-moon day means Amavyasa month of Ashwin. After 6 days Durgotshob begins. It is known as Panchami. Main calibration days are Panchami to Doshomi.
It means Mahalaya starts seven days before the Puja. It's a type request to the mother goddess to come down on earth - "Jago Tumi Jago". This is done through songs.
In morning, chanting of mantras stat, Indian Bangla radio arrange all kind of program. Nowadays TV channels also involved with this event. The program known as Mahisasura Mardini or The Annihilation of the Demon.”
Birendra Krishna Bhadra is a key behind this. His magical voice of recitation the holy verses of Chandi was excellent. He had passed long before but his recorded tone of voice still famous to all Bengali people.
The main concept of Mahalaya to decent the Devi in this earth by prayer and save the good people from bad people.
The famous chant of Mahalaya is ::
"Ya devi sarbabhuteshshu, sakti rupena sanksthita Namasteshwai Namasteshwai Namasteshwai namo namaha."
Listen and Download Free Agamoni Audio video Clips songs of Chandipath Mahalaya from YouTube.
- Chandi Path Mahalaya download Part 1
- ChandiPath Mahalaya download Part 2
- Pujar Badya -Traditional Bengal Dhak
- Mahalaya-Uttam Kumar
- Dasharupe Dashabhuja - Koel Mullick
- Dasharupe Dashabhuja - Srabanti Biswas
- Aadya stotram (Swagatalaxmi Dashgupta)
- Gayatri mantra
- Mahalaya video
- Chandi_path [sanskrit n bengali mixed]
- Mahalaya Agamoni, Invoking the Mother Goddess Durga
- Mahisasur-Mardini Chandipath of Mahalaya of MahaLaya~Bridendra Kishore Bhadra.
- KolKata Durga Puja - Web links of Durga Puja mainly held in Kolkata in2014 - West Banglal India and Bangladesh
Composition: Bani Kumar
Recitation: Birendrakrishna Bhadra
Music Director: Pankaj Kumar Mullick